· Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights
    · LARO Shafts

Topsites

Our Visitors Map

Alexa Tool Bar
    Get our toolbar!

Team SEWA :: View topic - Rocket Flights
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Rocket Flights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Tools of the Trade
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    TCrum84
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Rocket Flights Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Rocket shape exists outside of l-style and fit flight? I was just curious as I really like how the shape stabilizes my darts, but doesn't slow them down too much. However, considering the price ,I haven't been too impressed with their durability. So I was just curious if any cheaper flights are made in this shape, or at least something similar? I wasn't sure if the Japanese companies had some sort of trademark on the shape or something because I haven't seen anyone else making them.
    InFESTation
    Dart Sergeant
    Dart Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure on what you are calling the rocket as the only thing on the cosmo was the rocket inside, seeing as all teh shapes I could find a re the usual bar 1 style, thought you maybe meant these

http://www.puredarts.co.uk/store/results.php?s=fantail&Submit=Search Fantails

http://www.reddragondarts.com/sec/1192/G-String/ G-String on red-dragon

both uk based but I'd assume you can get them over there
    TCrum84
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm referring to the rocket shape made by l-style and fit flight. Fit flight does call it a "Rocket Inside" which I believe is a literal translation.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CBL6On6d5_k/Tdse06oI9nI/AAAAAAAAATA/0Yce_iMw_HQ/s1600/rocket%2Bclear%2Bblk.jpg

I know it looks like a standard shape, but it is a bit smaller and a little pointed at the rear.
    InFESTation
    Dart Sergeant
    Dart Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK cheers, and apologies for being miles away, but learn something everyday.
    Crash336
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny, one of my pals I was playing with turned his flight upside down (not the 1st time i've seen this done) the flight was in good shap but the edge was damaged so he could not slide it into the slot of the stem.

Before I examined the dart closer, I though he was throwing rocket flight - have a look at the profile when you flip over a std dart flight.

Just throw this out, not done it. When Taylor's dmx flight came out, I saw a lot of discussion on the UK forums about cutting down a std flight to match the shape. Sound like you could use the L-Style as a template.
    TCrum84
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive actually done this and it turned out ok. My only concern is that each flight will turn out a little different due to my human error. Would this be enough to cause each dart to fly differently?
    Crash336
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me with my hands, yes it world make a difference ( as a child I counldnt ever color within the lines. When the DMX were the rage in the UK I heard some guys made a jig (how I dont know).
    scabmachine
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Rocket Flights Reply with quote

TCrum84 wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Rocket shape exists outside of l-style and fit flight? I was just curious as I really like how the shape stabilizes my darts, but doesn't slow them down too much. However, considering the price ,I haven't been too impressed with their durability. So I was just curious if any cheaper flights are made in this shape, or at least something similar? I wasn't sure if the Japanese companies had some sort of trademark on the shape or something because I haven't seen anyone else making them.

i have been hoping someone would come out with that shape in a fold-able flight ,the L-style is way too expensive & don't last ,i can buy a set of l-style flights & they will be torn where they go into the shaft before a week ..
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Tools of the Trade All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: