· Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights
    · LARO Shafts

Topsites

Our Visitors Map

Web Toolbar
    There isn't content right now for this block.

Alexa Tool Bar
    Get our toolbar!

Team SEWA :: View topic - First and Goal to Go - A Challenge Match - PMack vs Hooley
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

First and Goal to Go - A Challenge Match - PMack vs Hooley
    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Online Tournaments
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: First and Goal to Go - A Challenge Match - PMack vs Hooley Reply with quote

First and Goal to Go - A Challenge Match - PMack vs Hooley

This one is slow to get going. Hooley has only submitted the First Quarter.

I will play that out and hopefully it will spur on further shooting.

The PMack81 Buffalo Bills

versus

The Hooligans!!

It is a cold day in Buffalo for this home game for PMack. So much snow has fallen around the Great Lakes that the news is calling it Snowmaggedon. The mini plows have been working on the field in Buffalo all night, just trying to keep pace with the continuing skyborne avalanche. Every so often, a rambuncious plow driver spelled out an obscenity with Hooley's name adjacent.....

Finally it is game time, the workers retire to the tunnel. The Hooligans take the slippery battlefield on offense first. Rubbing his hands together, blowing on them, QB Hooley surveys the icy confines of the blustery stadium, squints into the freeezing wind and sets behind Center.

As he barks out the signals, Hooley sends out clouds of visible breath. Quick snap and it is a quarterback Draw! Not wanting to risk a handoff to cold, untested hands on the first play, Hooley follows in behind two blocking Backs and the Tackle to the 19s. The four-man convoy motor ahead for four yards against the Buffalo line and Backers.

Second and goal from the seven. Same play, right side into the 17s, but this time Hooley does hand it off to the Running Back. The Bill Middle Linebacker slips on his break to the attack long enough that only two defenders clog the lane. Three yards for the Hooligans.

Third down on the 3.... staggered set on the left side, three Receivers set in a triangle at the end of the line... the Bills edge that way but are leery of overcommiting and leaving the center too thin. Exactly at the snap, both Backs break left and Hooley pitches out to the trailer. A brilliantly executed sweep of five attackers easily overwhelm the three defenders and the Hooligan ballcarrier steps into the End Zone untouched!

On the treacherous terrain, Hooley opts for the single and the men in Green go up 7-0.

Buffalo's offense trots out onto the field with the aim to match the Hooligan's march to the end zone. PMack watches as the Hooligans sneak up to the line, Blitz?? Changing the call, he signals for a pitch out wide left. The snap, here comes the Green Wave! QB PMack gets it out in time as the Blitz bogs down, two Hooligans picked the same lane to charge into and got in each other's way! Four Bills race around left end to pick up a snow churning five yards!

(The Defense can choose to Blitz.... in order to make a Blitz effective, it must apply pressure from more than one direction. For the Blitz to be successful here, the Defense must hit two different Doubles, and at least a Single Bull in the three darts. )

Halfway there, the Bills reset optimistically. Looking to plow into the 19s, an easy slant between Center and Guard, QB PMack turns to hand off to the football.... but with the slick surface, both Backs are nowhere to be seen! Both are flat on the white terrain! PMack has no choice but to tuck the ball away and head into the line behind the Guard. With only two attackers, chances aren't good.... but the Hooligan Middle Linebacker Trips and so is taken out of the play as well, and he knocks down another defender, leaving only one to plug the lane. Two on one gains two yards!

Third down on the three yard line. QB PMack decides on as little movement as possible, and one of the nearest lanes. Guard, Tackle and both Backs precede him into the 17s and the five of them plow snow, ice and Hooligans clear into the end zone!

Knowing that the two point convert gives Buffalo the lead, PMack opts for the advantage... Twin Tight Ends set up on the right side and both Backs sweep around to the 15s. Taking a long, slow angle to the goal line, the Running Back slips in just in time to give the Bills the go-ahead score, 8-7.

pmack81
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite author is BH...Great work pal Laughing Laughing Laughing

PDSL SINGLES CHAMPION - FALL '09
    Charis
    Team SEWA Reporter - Europe
    Team SEWA Reporter - Europe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very funny, BH!
    Though Ive to say that never ever a German soccer match would have taken place in such a situation. They would have declared the stadium as "unplayable" Laughing .
    hooley
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that but it was really late and I was really drunk so I didn't get to finish. I did finish over the weekend so I will be sending them to you today , thanks.
    Chitown599
    Senior Moderator Team SuperUser Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon hooley, don't be holding BH back. He could get writers block. What the hell am I saying, this is BH I'm talking about. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Love those write ups BH. Keep em coming
    2010/11 Fall S.A. State champions, Makin Treble
    Presently on Team Shrek, Thaaaaaat's right
    hooley
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chitown599 wrote:
    C'mon hooley, don't be holding BH back. He could get writers block. What the hell am I saying, this is BH I'm talking about. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Love those write ups BH. Keep em coming

Come on a lot of things going on right now , I had to throw in a surpise 60th b-day party in for my old man. Then went to the Pats game on Sunday. I'm getting tired just writing this
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder you're tired, Hoolers, that was your 4,000th!!!!

Congrats you verbose chatterbox yapping fool, ya!! Laughing

Very few are playing any of these games these days, so you are doing great, no worries, thanks for playing. My fingers get all twitchy when I have nothing to type about.... Wink

Chitown599

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on hooley, get you're scores in you are holding up the game. I want to see how this turns out. BH's write up, not the game. Laughing Laughing
    hooley
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are in , sorry for the delay but it was cold out yesterday and I was busy all day. Alot of people had no heat calls.
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second quarter was delayed.... Coach/QB Hooley had to be located... he was finally found under the first row of the added stands, in a sweatshirt and shorts, half drunk with some Canadian beer brought down by the commentator (not used to that, eh, Hoolers?). A Buffalo Gal cheerleader noticed a shoe sticking out from under the tarp and went to investigate - it was her startled and loud, "EEEWWWWW!" that caught the attention of the team.

Shaking off the effects of the Molsons, Hooley gathers his wits, both of them, and tells the boys in the huddle, "Gimme a minute, I aint goin far and I aint doin fancy right away - up the gut!" Shotgun formation, the ball is snapped back to Hooley. It hits him in the chest as he was waving to the cheerleader who found him.... she repeats, "EEEWWWWW!".

The football bounces down to Hooley's feet, allowing the two Backs and the Center to get wheeling up the middle. Three plus QB Hooley steamroll... sorry, the Center and Backs steamroll the two Bills outta the way for a stumbling, 'hope-I-don't-puke' Hooley, gain of five!

Second Down, halfway there. Hooley isn't as green as he was, he recovers fast. Quick snap, hoping the Bills figured he'd be slow to get going again. Slant off Tackle into the 19s, even odds, three on three. Pick up of two.

Formation left on Third Down with three snowy yards to go. Hooley calls Flare Pass left to the 16s... drops back... three Hooligans are in the flat to the left.. Hooley looks right to throw off the defense... but he sees the cheerleader again..... the Green QB recovers in time to duck an on-coming Linebacker, turns and lofts a perfect pass to the Running Back. The Bills covered well, getting three of their own outside, the play is limited to two yards.... stopped on the one!!

Fourth and goal on the one yard line.. do or die. The linemen are set, but QB Hooley walks slowly towards the sideline.. both Backs go with him..... two Receivers are out on that right side as well, unmoving.... wildcat play!!! The ball is snapped to a seemingly confused player in the backfield! Hooley and his entourage break towards the line, the temp QB rifles a rope to the Hooligan's leader. Five green guys decimate the three Buffalo defenders they find and Hooley spikes the ball in the End Zone! 14-8, The Hooligans go out in front.

The Blue and Red retake the field, hoping to retake the lead. PMack sets and the football smacks into his palms. The icy conditions are the winners on this play, with only two Bills keeping their feet to hit the 19 hole. Same problem on defense as the Hooligan MLB trips.... two on two, no gain!

Second and try again. Same play, right side, less acceleration, more power, four Buffaloes stampede into the 17s. Three at home on the green side, pick up of four.

Third and goal, still on the six though. Tight End tucked in close at the end of the line. Both Backs in motion, the Tight End races into enemy territory and parallels the line. Altogether three Bills are involved as PMack zips a quick hitter pass to the Tight End. Full house for Hooley, the End is brought down immediately after the catch, gain of three.

Fourth Down on the three. Spread formation, opening up the holes... the Hooligans have no choice but to mirror the set. PMack, under Center, sees that he got the result he wanted. Barking a new number left, the Tight End on that side comes in motion towards the Buffalo QB. Quickly done, the same on the right side! The ball is snapped, PMack takes two steps back, just enough time to give the Bowling wedge of four blockers time to preceed him up the gut! Buffalo Bull rush! No worries, PMack strolls into the end zone as the Buffalo Gals jump up and down wonderfully...! 15-14, Bills over Hooligans at the Half.

Chitown599

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have the knack for this BH. I think you missed your calling. You should have been a writer or sports reporter.
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third Quarter.

The Green and Green march out onto the field for their offensive round. Tight game, this quarter could be a turning point. That one point differential looms large on Hooley's mind, such a slim margin to lose by.

Starting solidly, the Hooligan Quarterback calls a play and pounds three runners into the 19s. Three Bills answer, two yard gain.

Second down, the Backs split off in opposite directions.. QB sneak. All by his lonesome on this one, Hooley doesn't catch the Buffalo defense by surprise at all, in fact, the three Bills spin him around for a two yard loss! Back on the ten, and dizzy....

Third and start over.... big play time? Hooley looks to the open end, the 16s, and rips a hot one to the Split End. Tight End and Tackle block well, but once more the Buffalo defenders are responding perfectly. The Green Wave is stopped after just two.

Fourth and goal from the eight. Same shot, left side, into the 15s. Same result, three on three, Buffalo stiffens solidly and the Hooligans are stonewalled at the six. PMack retains the single point lead at 15-14!

Can the Bills now capitalize and put the game away? An eight point Quarter would do just that, and make it impossible to keep suspense going, lol. I have to tweak this game still, I guess..... but it does remain to be seen if PMack's Bills can punch in the winning TD and convert. A 7 point TD would ensure at least a tie.

First and goal from the ten. Hooley fakes Blitz, but does pressure. QB PMack signals a screen pass left to the 16s to compensate. Three on three, gain of two to the eight.

Off Tackle left, a typical Bill rush of three. A Hooligan trips and allows a pickup of an extra yard when only two defenders meet the attack head on.

Third and goal from the five, halfway there, half the downs left. Quick counter to the 17s... well, the Running Back hit the 17s, the blockers went astray!! On his own, the RB gets caught in the backfield by three rampaging Green Guys for a loss of three huge yards!

Fourth and forever on the eight.... PMack zips a rope to the Wide Receiver who stepped back from the line of scrimmage. Hoping to break the wide rightside open with three into the 15s, the Bills instead are stymied by a solid wall of Hooligans. The Green Wall keeps the score where it is when they drop the Bill on the six yard line!

hooley
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All all I want to know is where that cheerleader is Wink
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hooley wrote:
    All all I want to know is where that cheerleader is Wink

"EEEWWWWW!"

BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourth and Final Quarter... First down and the game to try to save for Coach, Quarterback and Cheerleader Connoisseur-wannabe Paul Hooley.

Determined, almost sober and behind by a single point, the head Green Guy pounds the 19s with a fearsome foursome. The Bills jam it up with three, but outnumbered they give up four yards.

Second down on the six.... heavy set, no not Hooley, to the right side. Three Wide Receivers stack up for a big threat. The snap, QB Hooley drops back... and throws to the trailing WR.... but he threw a snowball!! The football is on the ground! The Buffalo line weakened on the fake, Hooley picks up the ball and follows a massive rush of five Hooligans into the 17s!! Touchdown!!

Here is where the scenario is a tad shy of options, mostly cuz the game isn't played live.... the two pointer wouldn't have been successful, so Hooley and the Green Machine kick the single extra point.. will not going for the two cost him the game?? Buffalo takes the field trailing by only six, not seven ... 21-15. Dum da dum dum!!

PMack huddles his Bills and lays out the situation. Will the team let the pressure get to them? This game will do that to you!

First and goal to win the game. Buffalo sets and calmly plunks three men into the 16s. A Green mound on the snow means a Hooligan slipped on the ice and only two meet the rush. Gain of three to the seven.

Second and goal to win the game. Pressure..... Running Back into the 19s, but his blockers couldn't make the cut and slide on past!! At the snap, one of Hooley's defenders trips and falls! But the Safety doubles up and races into the gap and they drop the Back for a loss back to the ten!!!

Third and goal to win the game.... the handoff is the RB once more, attacking the 17s. But more icy problems for the Bills, and only the Guard blocks for the runner. Both are stood up and the Hooligans push back Buffalo another yard!

Fourth and goal to win the game, but all the way back at the eleven yard line! Will PMack come up with the hot hand and make the play??!!!

Wow, look at all that snow come down out there, this is mostly likely the snowiest I have ever seen it here, just nutz. I should shovel the patio for the dog again, be back in a few.....

hooley
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suspense is killing me Laughing
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, man, it's Christmas now... the outcome is buried under a pile of my son's opened presents, we are too busy for me to stay on the puter long enough to write it out anyway...

it is STILL snowing! I have to go clear off the car for the umpteenth time and try to make it through the stuff to get us to our celebration supper....

maybe tomorrow, Hoolers......

Merry Christmas!!!!

Chitown599

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhh BH, that is just not right. You are killing me here. Laughing Laughing
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, where was I? Too much chocolate celebrating.... head's a bit fuzzy.... stomach is a lot fat again, arrgghhh... oh yeah, Football.... uhm, it's coming back...

.... Fourth and Final Quarter... First down and the game to try to save for Coach, Quarterback and Cheerleader Connoisseur-wannabe Paul Hooley.

.... Second down on the six.... Hooley picks up the ball and follows a massive rush of five Hooligans into the 17s!! Touchdown!! ......

.... Hooley and the Green Machine kick the single extra point....

..... Buffalo takes the field trailing by only six, not seven ... 21-15. Dum da dum dum!!

.... PMack huddles his Bills and lays out the situation......

.... Fourth and goal to win the game, but all the way back at the eleven yard line! Will PMack come up with the hot hand and make the play??!!!

okay, I'm caught up ....

The snow has started to fall, thick and fast, almost as bad as in Surrey in the great dump of '08... PMack has his back against the wall, Hooley's Green Guys are twitching from the stress of not giving up the big play.

Now or never, do or die, don't count your Cheerleaders til their catched, you get the idea....

The Buffalo QB decides on wide right, the extra motion has to work in the offense's favour... the snap, the long swinging pass out to the flaring Running Back....

A Hooligan goes down trying to change direction to the outside.... only two defenders out in the flat!

For the Bills, there is the Running Back for one, the Fullback for two, the Tight End for three, and .....

... and no more, three on two only picks up three yards, well short of the End Zone, and the Hooligans hold on for the 21-15 victory! Quarterback and Coach Paul Hooley has pulled out the win on a frozen field and he spins around looking for people to celebrate with... he notices two abandoned pom-poms on the snowy sideline, and looks up just in time to see a frantic cheerleader scrambling up and over the police barrier and then make a sprinting dash for the exit that any NFL Running Back would have been proud of.

Chitown599

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You suck Greg, making me strain to read the final moment. Laughing Laughing Laughing

None the less it was good, but now I have a headach from eye strain. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Chitown599 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    pmack81
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chitown599 wrote:
    You suck Greg, making me strain to read the final momnet. Laughing Laughing Laughing

None the less it was good, but now I have a headach from eye strain. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Frank there is a zoom button in the lower right corner of your screen. You should have blown up the text to read it...did you have to wipe your screen down from your forehead leaning against it??? LOL Cool Embarassed Cool

Chitown599

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I don't know what's on the lower right corner of your screen, but I don't have no zoom button on my screen, upper or lower.
    hooley
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmack81 wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:
    You suck Greg, making me strain to read the final momnet. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Frank there is a zoom button in the lower right corner of your screen. You should have blown up the text to read it...did you have to wipe your screen down from your forehead leaning against it??? LOL Cool Embarassed Cool

Good call on the zoom there Pat , thanks.
    Oh and thanks for the game buddy , I thought you were going to pull it out there in the end.
    hooley
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BH , chitown was right you def. missed your calling , great write up's. Thanks
    pmack81
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hooley wrote:
    pmack81 wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:

Good call on the zoom there Pat , thanks.
    Oh and thanks for the game buddy , I thought you were going to pull it out there in the end.

I did! The cheerleader had to use the ZOOM! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Online Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: